Saturday, May 7, 2011


This sign made me laugh, because if you're standing and waiting to cross the road, it's pretty impossible not to see it as "Big Ho."

I am in Tokyo, and it's the best city ever, pretty much.

Though to satisfy my guide Cale's longing for western food, we dined at an "English Pub" last night, where "bacon" stands in for pretty much every variety of meat that is not fish and chips.  Bacon is all kinds of variations on fatty ham, and not the crispy stuff we're used to.  I had bacon and cabbage rice paper rolls, which were pretty darn good.  Japanese bakery for breakfast this morning, which is great because I love their breads and am starving.  Better pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Big Ho! It's so nice she's joined you there!

    That's "bacon" in England, too, so technically they are right.

    I'm totes glad you are posting!!

    ReplyDelete